An important aspect of my research has been the development of effective computational methods for the study of 3-manifolds. Most of this work has been related to the design and development of the programs:
- SnapPea (written by Jeff Weeks) for studying the topology and geometry of hyperbolic 3-manifolds
- Snap (written by Oliver Goodman) for computation of arithmetic invariants of hyperbolic 3-manifolds
- Tube (written by Oliver Goodman) for studying of geodesics in hyperbolic 3-manifolds
- Orb (written by Damian Heard) for finding hyperbolic structures on a large class of hyperbolic 3-orbifolds and 3-manifolds.
- Veering (written by Ahmad Issa) for the construction of ideal veering triangulations of pseudo-Anosov mapping tori.
For an extensive source of programs for computational low dimensional topology see